What is a QR Code?
QR codes are used in manufacturing because most mobile devices have the ability to read them and make products and processes easier to track. They are also, used in marketing and advertising campaigns to help leads and customers find your website easier.
Standard barcodes are read in one direction only allowing a small amount of information to be encoded/stored. A QR code is read in two directions allowing significantly more data to be stored.
I often get asked how to generate a QR code. Usually, I just pop open Adobe InDesign and create one quickly for them. There are easier ways to do this, especially if you don’t have an Adobe subscription.
How to get your QR Code
Steps to Make a QR Code
- Go to https://qrcode-monkey.com
- Input your target URL/website under the “ENTER CONTENT” section
- For example, I used our website “https://hourglass-media.com”
- Recommended Optional Steps
- Choose your brand color under the “SET COLORS” section
- Upload your logo or choose a common logo under the “ADD LOGO IMAGE” section
- Click the “Create QR Code” button
- Desktop Computer: Button is to the right
- Mobile Device: Button is below