“You just struck gold!”
Nowadays, more and more people rely on the internet to make purchasing decisions through visiting websites, and you can leverage this to grow your business.
In this age and time, an online presence can provide you with limitless opportunities to scale your business and maximize your income through a professional website. However, some small business owners think otherwise. What usually comes to mind is the complexity and the extravagance of creating and maintaining a website.
But you have to consider that more than anything else, the benefits outweigh the risks (or expenses, for that matter).
The web is an oyster.
If you are still having second thoughts about starting your website, check out these five reasons why you, as a small business owner, should have a professional website:
- Increases your visibility and accessibility. In the information age, you will be catering to a smarter league of prospects and customers. Before making a purchasing decision, people take their time to research the product or service they are about to buy.
According to Statista, about 54.5 percent of global website traffic comes from mobile devices only (excluding tablets); you can do the rest of the math!
While your business operates at least eight hours a day, your website will be open 24/7, 365 days a year. This means you are visible and accessible to your current customers and prospects any time of the day and at their convenience to purchase or review your products or services.
If potential customers cannot find you, chances are you would miss doing business with them.
- Amplifies your credibility. What do we usually do whenever a new shop, restaurant, or service provider emerges and piques our interest? The default action would be to look them up over the web—which means website! Of course, we would love to learn more about them.
Websites help reinforce your credibility. It is an excellent avenue for you to communicate and present to your customers and prospects quality information and the unique selling point of your business. Having a professional website also allows you to be more visible out there. It will enable you to showcase who you are, your business, and how your offerings can help your leads or customers solve their problems.
Therefore, it allows you to make a great first impression and make your prospects feel more comfortable and at ease that you are a genuine and legitimate business.
- Helps you market your products or services. Your website can serve as a digital brochure where you can update your products or services and their information in real-time. It also lets your prospects and customers know of your business’s current discounts or promotions.
If you are a service provider, you can also use your website to build authority through blogs to let people know your expertise and how you can help them.
- Create connections with new leads and keep your customers. Nowadays, when people intend to find something, they usually rely on the internet, particularly search engines, to look for answers.
- Connect with leads. A visually appealing website with high-quality content will help you attract new customers. Also, by maximizing its features, a professional website allows you to invite leads to opt-in to an offer, be it a free eBook, coupon code, or contest entry, and nurture them through email marketing to turn them into paying customers.
- Keeping existing customers. Having a professional website allows you to stay in touch with your current customers. It would allow them to purchase a product or service, ask queries about your new offer or reach out to you regarding their concerns about the products or services. It also allows them to stay updated with your promotions and latest offerings.
- Allows you to scale your business. You can use your website to scale your business and leverage digital marketing to maximize your revenue.
For example, you can check the analytics or historic traffic from your website to create a more targeted ad and get the best return on investment from it. Thus, creating a website early on can be one of the best business decisions you will ever make as you scale your business in the near future.
With the rise of digitalization and technology, websites have become an essential element in validating and building your business. It can provide you with unlimited opportunities to grow your business and maximize its potential. If you don’t have one yet, it is highly recommended to start conceptualizing and building your website. You can slowly work your way to improving and optimizing it, but the key is to get it started.